Thursday, January 21, 2016

January 11, 2016- Hey Everyone!

So here I am to report on Jamestown, as promised! It was REALLY cold. Hence, the Stitch hat Jeanette kindly let me borrow. :P
They took us first to Hampton to see a historical site there, and then we went and saw the Jamestown ruins, that they are still excavating. Then we saw the rebuilt Jamestown :) It was really cold. But the people who ran the horse-drawn carriage still had to clip-clop up and down the street even though no one was there. We felt bad for them!
So it was really fun! Jeanette is super into history so she gave us the historical tour of everything. :) They are wonderful!
This week, also, was super wonderful!
So Maddie Fountain, a girl in our ward, one day told us to go and visit her friend in the next culdesac over. So we did, and her friend's mother let us come back and talk to her more! We talked to her about the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and she understood everything we talked about. It was amazing! The faith of little children is amazing!
We also met with Linda again. She read the entire pamphlet and did the study in the back of it. She really wants to learn and find answers and truth through prayer. She is amazing!
On Thursday we spent some time in Southern Smithfield walking around, and we met this nice lady. "Hi we're your neighborhood missionaries," Sister Lundquist said. "I'm Sister Lundquist," "and I'm Sister Moore," I said. "What's your name?"
"Sarah Moore," she said with a mischievous smile on her face. Sarah is really big into sewing, she loves it! After we shared our message with her she gave us some scarves she had made! Wow! She is so sweet. :)
SO! Super exciting! We talked to the Colon's about what day they wanted to be baptized. Jeanette chose the 13th of February! YAY! So Jeanette and Wesley are getting baptized that day, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost on the 14th at church. YAY! I am so excited for them. This will bless their lives SO much. There is real power in these ordinances, and I know that by extending their faith they will feel the blessings of heaven. :)
Hoorah! I am so happy for them!
On Friday (my 18-month mark) we met with Kathy! Kathy is a friend of the W family and she is amazing! Sister W was due last week but she still joined us for the lesson. It was so fun to see them interact and hear her bear her testimony. I know that makes all the difference. Sister W knows the impact the gospel has made in her life, and is excited to share that light and knowledge with her friend. :) I am so excited for Kathy!
That night we met with Tiffany and talked to her about the Plan of Salvation and the Book of Mormon. How amazing is it that we have the fulness of the gospel? Everything Jesus Christ taught, nothing missing, skewed, confused, or changed. I am so grateful!
Saturday we met Sandy. She was getting out of her car and we stopped to talk with her. She is a forensic scientist and sees a lot on a daily basis. We ended up teaching her about the restoration right there on the street. She believes it is true. We invited her to pray about it so she can know for sure. :) I know for sure because I prayed, as well!
We dropped by Shaniqua in hopes that we could see her that night, and she was home! She had just gotten home from the grocery store, so we helped her put her groceries away. Then we taught her and her son Jalen about the scriptures. :) It was so amazing. The scriptures are powerful! Without them, we wouldn't have the knowledge that we have about Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for our Savior, and what He did (and is still doing) for us!

Eloyd and Wesley came to a baptismal service on Saturday night, and it was such a powerful service. The man being baptized had been introduced to the church by his girlfriend, and found that it has truly changed his life. The Bishop gave him the opportunity to bear his testimony after his baptism and he talked about how a year ago he wouldn't have been in church, and he had been turning to alchol to solve his problems, and now he was an entirely different person. Wow! The blessings of baptism and following Jesus Christ are real and tangible! I know it. :)
We talked to the Colons that night about repentance and forgiveness and the Atonement and the scriptures. It was amazing. :) The importance of commandments in following Jesus Christ. I love the gospel!
I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the opportunity that I have to be a missionary, a called and set-apart representative of Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is our Savior. He is my Savior. In a very real way, He gives me strength, forgives my sins, changes my heart, and heals. I know that He loves me, and each and every one of us.
I just want to say thank you for all the support each of you have given me with your love and prayers. You are wonderful, and I am so thankful. I hope each of you have a wonderful week. I invite you to take some time this week to read your scriptures every day, and ponder and pray. I can promise that these simple actions will help you feel our Savior's love. I know that it has done that for me.
I love you all!
Sister Megan Moore
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment