Monday, July 28, 2014

July 18, 2014- "I Finally Get Clean Underwear"

Gross, yeah? I came into the MTC with only four pairs of underwear, and I wasn't able to get any more until THIS WEDNESDAY. Don't worry, don't worry, I've been washing them out every night, but LET ME TELL YOU how grateful I am and appreciative of clean underwear....

=D

In other news, I fried all my pictures on my card. So yeah. Thank goodness my companion has been taking tons of pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, really quickly because I have like no time ever and my poor companion is so tired and really wants a nap and won't get one because we spent all P-day doing laundry and yeah...........

Some highlights from the second week at the MTC!!!

I was really sick on Saturday and had a humbling experience of having to go to my companions for help. I never ever want to impose on people and sometimes (okay all the time) I'm so prideful as to think I CAN do it all on my own. But I can't. I totally can't. So I had to humble myself and let my companions serve me - I had to ask them to miss class for me, which was one of the harder things I've had to do this week. But I am so grateful for the experience.

We participated in MTC choir! Sister Whetten and I really didn't want to, but because companions stick together we went with Sister Caldwell. What an inspired desicion. The choir director is super awesome and  talked a lot about pioneer stories as we practiced for the pioneer-themed song we were going to sing. It was so inspiring and so fun - Brother Everett is hillarious. I wish you all could watch the MTC devotionals! You might even be able to see me wailing away in the choir. =D

SO we had such a wonderful experience with a practice investigator at the MTC this week. As soon as we walked in and started speaking to her, we knew she wasn't a member and that this was FOR REAL. Let me tell you, that was such an amazing realization. We walked out and we all looked at each other and said, "that was REAL."

We talked to our investigator, Kenzie, the first time, just about who she was and what she believes. We could feel that she had been through a lot. She had told us she didn't believe in God.

So that night at our daily planning, we went crazy in depth studying about the love of God and how we could help Kenzie.

The next night, we taught her again. This time, we used nothing of what we had prepared, but the Spirit was so strong, because we had prepared. We prayed and prayed for charity that we may be able to feel our Heavenly Father's love for her and express that to her. It was such a simple discussion. She told us more about her life, and we expressed simply and powerfully our belief in our Heavenly Father and how much He loves her. Kenzie has had HUNDREDS of missionaries come through and teach her, but we knew that that night we had touched her heart, and she had felt something.

We were so worried about last night's appointment with her because we knew it was going to be our last. We wanted to continue to help her and bring her closer to Jesus Christ. I can feel how much our Heavenly Father loves her every time we are with her. We didn't want to leave her in the dark. We decided to give her a Book of Mormon. We went through and highlighted our favorite scriptures and scriptures we thought could help her.

That first night, I said to her "You said you wanted to research and know more before you come to a conclusion about whether God is there or not. Well Kenzie, you cannot know for sure, unless you exercise faith. You cannot know by logic alone." We also invited her to pray the second time.

We looked into the room last night and we crushed when we saw that she was Skyping in her appointment. How in the world were we going to feel the Spirit? Give her the Book of Mormon????

But as we opened with prayer and spoke with her, the Spirit came so strongly, even more so than the previous night. Heavenly Father blessed us with His gift of charity and Kenzie felt that. We spoke to her so powerfully that we don't even remember what we said. We asked her to please just look at what we had marked and try to read.

Near the end of our time block I looked up at her and said "Kenzie, we're so sorry that we can't hear more about what you believe. Because we're leaving on Wednesday." and I started crying so much that I couldn't speak. My companion, Sister Caldwell jumped in, and Sister Whetten after that, explaining how much we loved her, and how much we wished we could speak more.

But! Heaven's blessings descended!! Kenzie wants to talk to us more!!!!!!!!!!!! She made it so we could schedule with her and have another appointment tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE GET TO TALK TO HER ONE LAST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited!!!!



Teddy? Have you gotten your mission call yet?!?!?!?!?!!


If you send me a letter through Dear Elder, they print it out and I get it that night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only while I'm at the MTC though. =(

I have learned so much this week. I am so strong in some areas, and super weak in others - in a way that has surprised me.


We got to go to the temple today! The Provo temple is amazing!



Friends, pray for charity. It will change your life~!! I can testify of that. =)




We had a zone leader named Elder Boss. Cool huh?!



For church, everyone prepares a talk, and then they tell you who's speaking in the meeting. =D


I love our "tri-panionship" =D. We all have strengths and when we work together and work out any worries or contention we might have, we teach powerfully by the Spirit. But that's only when we prepare, pray for charity for our investigator, and listen to the promptings of the Spirit (and act on them!!)

WE ARE LEAVING WEDNESDAY AT 3:00 AM FOR VIRGINIA. Our whole district is going on the same plane, since we're all going to the same mission!!! =D


There's a ton more stuff that happened this week, but that's all I have time for - love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment