Monday, December 28, 2015

September 21, 2015- Welcome to Smithfield!

Hey everybody! So the week of transferring to a new area is always crazy. Monday and Tuesday were full of packing and goodbyes. It's hard to leave an area I love so much!
Wednesday was the day - I finished packing up and then we were off! We rode up to Greenville where we got to hurry up and wait for the transfer van. ;) When it finally arrived, I was off on a 4-hour journey to Portsmouth, VA.
At Portsmouth, I met my new companion, Sister Jeppson! I actually met her at the very beginning of my mission, when we served in Virginia Beach together. She has been companions with two of my companions. It was pretty late by the time we got back, so we didn't do much that day.
On Thursday I got to meet our ward mission leader, Brother Sumrak. He is so funny! He apparently has a penchant for being grumpy, so everyone likes to refer to him as "Grumpy Cat". =) It was a fun meeting, but we also got a lot done.
On Friday I met the Brother and Sister F, they are so cool! Brother F introduced Sister F to the gospel, and they have such a sweet story. I also got to meet Brother and Sister T.
On Sunday I met lots and lots of members of the Smithfield ward! So many my head is still spinning from it. =) Hopefully I'll get all these names down soon.
To finish off I just want to share a thought from my studies this morning:
Alma 33:23 And now, my brethren, I desire that ye shall plant this word in your hearts, and as it beginneth to swell even so nourish it by your faith. And behold, it will become a tree, springing up in you unto everlasting life. And then may God grant unto you that your burdens may be light, through the joy of his Son. And even all this can ye do if ye will. Amen.
I know that as we do all we can do nourish our faith, we will have joy and hope unto salvation! I love you all so much! Keep being amazing and thank you for being such examples to me!
Love,
Sister Megan Moore
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment