Friday, August 7, 2015

April 13, 2015- Hello Everyone!

First and foremost, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

This week was really challenging. There is a lot of good work going on in Mount Olive, and a LOT of potential. Something Heavenly Father is teaching me right now is that I need to "step it up"!

Change is totally not easy. It is SO PAINFUL. It is HARD. I wanted to give up a few times this week. But though I thought those thoughts, I didn't mean it.

I'm not giving up, ya'll!

On Monday we taught Erich, our new investigator. He's been investigating the church a long time, and is married to a member. He decided that he wanted to be baptized a couple of weeks ago, and now we are teaching him. We had the first discussion at his in-laws with the whole family and a friend there. We sat around a big table. "I feel like this is an intervention," Erich joked.

We had a great discussion, and Sister Jacobsen taught powerfully about the Book of Mormon. We challenged him to read, pray, and attend church. He would then receive his answer.

During the middle of the week, everything fell through. We struggled a lot. I prayed a lot a lot. I know that there is great comfort in the scriptures. Even if I read and pray every day, I can still do more. So that's what I'm doing now. I'm trying to read and pray more. I have already seen that bless me and help me to change.

I began this week with a mindset of "just be humble" I ended this week with a mindset "just be assertive." I'm going to try and do my best to make decisions, to overcome weakness, and to come out on top by "Pray[ing] always, that [I] may come off conqueror; yea, that [I] may conquer Satan."

My companion is AMAZING. She is a fantastic, uber-brilliant, AMAZING missionary. I have SO much to learn from her. I am excited to learn from her. I'm excited to change. I'm excited to see Mount Olive EXPLODE and grow so much.

This transfer the entire mission is going to have a Miracle May. President Baker has recieved inspiration that as we work hard and do various things, that each companionship in the mission will see a baptism in May. Can that really happen????

FOR YES IT CAN!

Especially with Sister Jacobsen. She makes things happen. I am really really really excited for Miracle May. We're going to set everyone with baptismal dates this week. Ya'll up for the challenge?

I'm trying my best. I still worry sometimes ( a lot ) I still doubt sometimes. I worry that I'm too weak, you know? But have ya'll read the Ensign for this month yet? There is a great article on the difference between weakness and sin. I'd recommend to read that! It's really good.

I know that there will be lots of growth and change this transfer. I'm going to do my best! Please pray for me, and please pray for Sister Jacobsen, and please pray for our investigators. We need all the help we can get!

Much love,
Sister M Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment