Friday, August 7, 2015

May 11, 2015- Farewell Mount of Olives

So we received a transfer call Saturday afternoon, and I was informed that it was time for me to go somewhere else and serve the people there.

My new area is called Kinston! I've heard that it is beautiful. Many of the people here have relatives in Kinston, so it will be like staying in the same ward family! =) Just a different building. Jim Walker was even visiting our ward this Sunday, so I got to meet him. He attends the Kinston ward.

My companion's name is Sister Allred. She and I will be responsible for two wards, Kinston 1st and 2nd wards. So that will be new! I am excited for that!

We had a really powerful experience this weekend. We went out to Warsaw, 30 minutes and 13 miles away, on Saturday and encountered a wonderful little family. The father used to come to church while he was growing up, but made some bad decisions and also stopped attending church. He married Jamie, and they have two cute kids.

While we talked, he often bore heart-felt testimony of the church. He knows it is true. He knows that the church is what his family needs and what will help them most. He was a little tearful as he talked about how much he knew and how much he wished he had shared with his family. It was an amazing experience to hear him testify of the Book of Mormon and the truth of this gospel.

I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. It is the very organization He set up while He was on the earth. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that He sacrificed Himself for us in Gethsemane. I know that I have received strength in my own life because of that sacrifice. Because of what He did for us, we can all have strength beyond our own in trial. Our weaknesses can be made into strengths (Ether 12:27), our best can be good enough. Heavenly Father will use all that we have, our time, talents, and abilities, to bless others if only we offer it. I am grateful that I have this opportunity to give all my strengths to the Lord to be able to help others. I am excited to meet the people in Kinston and to be able to learn and grow with them.

I love you all so much!

Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment