Friday, August 7, 2015

April 6, 2015- Yea Yea, Nay Nay!

Aloha everybody. This has been transfers week. Sister Kunzler and I committed to "work harder than ever before" and really hit it the last few days. And we did! We saw a lot a lot of people and uplifted them. A very kind, sweet, and talented member gave us some of her paintings! Wow! I have it hanging on the wall by my desk.
While we were waiting for that member to get home, we went next door and talked to her neighbor Mike. We shared the Easter video with him. He liked it! We made a return appointment. Wow!
Then we went and saw the McCullens.We shared the Restoration with them and committed them to pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true. They are the sweetest family.
On Wednesday we stuffed all of Sister K's stuff in Emily's car and drove to Goldsboro. There we dropped her off to begin her quest as a Sister Training Leader. She went into it bravely! She's actually really really excited. I know that she will do amazing. From the first day I met her, I just knew that she'd be a Sister Training Leader. She's obedient, a problem solver, and such a great missionary. I have learned so much from her. I am glad that I was able to be her companion. I love ya! *fist bump* I'm glad she's still so nearby! I'll get to see her at meetings and such. Yay! What a tender mercy.
I saw Sister Petrie and Sister Allred at the transfers van, which is another tender mercy! I gave them big 'ol hugs and welcomed them back to North Carolina.
then I met Sister Jacobsen! She's really sweet. This is her second area. Her first area was Little Washington in North Carolina. She is a powerhouse missionary! She is so dedicated and so committed to this work. I love that about her!
Sister Jacobsen and I, the first day, were able to teach Vonnie about prophets and invite her to come to conference. When we said she could get guidance from the prophets, her eyes widened and she said, "I sure need that! I'll be there!"
We have so many appointments and so many good things ahead, like the Mt Olive Pickle Festival. There are lots of opportunities for work, just now! Opportunities right in our waaaa-aaay. Do not let them pass by, saying sometime I'll try, but go and do something today!

We had a funny experience at the Jonathan's - we went to our appointment, but when we got there, Amy said that Rob's girlfriend was over and she believes in some strange things. Amy said she did not want us to be disrespected in her house, and said we should come back a different time. Weird!

Then we sanded some chairs at the Brock's. That was fun! My palm was vibrating for a while afterward. =)

But anyway, General Conference!!!!!!!!!! What did you like most? What talks stood out to you? I LOVED the Sunday Morning session. Sister Wixom's talk was amazing. I also loved Elder Causse's! Do we still marvel? Is the gospel still wonderful to us? Or is it common place? What can I do to open my eyes to the wonder that it is? I loved that! I encourage all of you to continually study the conference talks and really gain and grow from them. =)

Between sessions on Saturday we visited the Hooks. The whole time we were there we just felt the Spirit and felt so good. They are the kindest people. She's interested in doing family history. We shared the Easter video Because He Lives with them. They said "I agree!" after it finished.
"I wouldn't share this with Billy Ingram, but I would share this with you. I just feel so comfortable around you," Sister Hooks said. Then she proceeded to tell us about miracles she's witnessed in her life, special experiences. Wow! We love them so much! We're excited to come back and teach them about the Restoration.

I love you all so much! My friends and family! I pray for you all. I pray that you all have an amazing week.

Much love,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment