Friday, August 7, 2015

March 30, 2015- "Noooooooooo Missy Noooooooooooo!"

Well everybody, Sister Kunzler is heading out into the wild blue yonder and is becoming a sister training leader in Goldsboro. I called it the first day I was her companion. =D I love Sister Kunzler so much, and I'm excited that she is going to be so nearby!

Monday was miraculous! At our appointment for dinner a nonmember husband of a sweet sister in our ward expressed his desire to be baptized. We did our best to be calm and composed, but as soon as we were home with danced around with joy. The Lord works miracles in the hearts of men and women!

We also were prompted to go and see a less-active member named Diana. She let us in and we felt something was wrong. About 20 minutes into our message, she stopped us and said:
"Now don't take this the wrong way, but I don't know why you're here."
We stopped, breath caught in my lungs.
"I don't know how you got my address or my name. But...The past few days I've been praying for the first time in a long time. And then you show up."
WHOA.
She softened and expressed that she would like to hold family home evening. We gave her two girls their own copies of the Book of Mormon. We are so excited for her and her family. Plus! she came to the women's session of general conference! Wow!
Miracles happen! (all the time!) Follow those prompting!

We ran into a lot of talkers this week who tried to teach us. Many sweet people whose hearts were softened by the message of family history.

Have ya'll seen the new Easter video??


We had a wonderful experience because of this video! We went up to a door and offered to share an Easter message with them. They let us in because it was bitter cold out and we watched it together. They really liked it. We shared the first vision with them and invited them to pray about it. We made a return appointment. They are excited for us to come! Their names are Lauren and Lauren. XD We're excited to go back and teach them some more! This video really is inspired and brings the Spirit so quick!

We had a really funny experience on Friday. We went to see a former and she opened the door and her big dog was crazy excited so she fought it to keep the door closed and she was shouting at it to stop being so crazy and it wasn't funny but it kind of was to she the door moving back and forth and just her hand with a paintbrush in it in the doorjam.

"Noooooo Missy Noooooo!" She sounded pretty distressed. The dog was all happy and bouncy.

She eventually talked to us through the door and then we went on our way with a smile. =)

On Sunday, at a members house, a chair wasn't quite so heavy as I thought and suddenly I was tipping over backwards. Somehow I caught myself before I crashed through the window! We all had a big laugh about it. Phew. What a way to break the ice!

I love you all! Will you continue to pray for our investigators, especially Kristen? She didn't come to church again. =(

Southernism:
"You want some Yankee cornbread?"

Love,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment