Friday, August 7, 2015

January 5, 2014- I'm Getting Transferred!

It happened! I got a call from Elder Ferguson and he told me that the Lord has called me to Mount Olive, North Carolina! What is so cool about that is that all three of my field-companions have served there! Sister Dodds, Sister Nielsen, and Sister Petrie. They had a lot to tell me about the area. =) I guess I should have listened closer! I am so excited to go work there!

It's really bittersweet, though, leaving behind the people here. I've done a lot of work with the members here, and with investigators. I had a feeling that I was getting transferred. I've been praying so hard to feel peace about it. And I think I do. I feel ready to go to Mount Olive. Someday I will come back here, to Virginia Beach, and talk with all the people I was blessed to know here. =)

This week was so long, for some reason! Tuesday feels like it was forever and a day ago. Oh, by the way, Happy 2015! I hope we have flying cars now! Or at least hoverboards.

We helped Barbara organize her linen closet on Tuesday. I love to do stuff like that. It was fun to get to talk to her and uplift her. She's having a difficult time with all her health problems. =(

Wednesday, New Year's Eve, was pretty fun. We got to meet a less-active we've been trying to see for ages. He grew up in Idaho and used to be super active, but for some reason just doesn't go anymore. His home teacher, who he was really close to, moved a long time ago, and he didn't even know. =( We asked if his wife would ever be interested in taking the discussions. He was surprised by the question, and thought about it. "I don't know," he finally said, thoughtfully.

So there was a miracle of the week!

We made cookies that night and took them to Brother Sutton. He really appreciated that. We also took some to our upstairs neighbors. She's a cheerleader and always waves to us when we see her.

The first day of 2015 we got to see Sister S and uplift her. I thought about how people, even and especially members, need the Spirit and the message we bring because it's a boost to keep them going in the middle of the week. Church is like that, but better. We ALL need to be uplifted, even in just 3 hours, to make it through the week. It's miraculous to see the difference the added Spirit makes. =) People's demenors change. When we read scripture, the conversation becomes more inspired. It's amazing to see people's Spirits instructed by the Holy Ghost. It's a miracle in every day. =)

On Friday, the 2nd day of 2015, we were able to help and serve Sister Wells. She was going in to have surgery on her foot and needed someone to sit and wait with her. We were so happy to go and help and be there for her. =) We sat in the waiting room for two hours and studied our scriptures. We prayed for her and gave her a hug before she went in.

We also had exchanges, and that was super fun. Sister Quiroz came here and we had some exciting experiences. We went to see the BB family and uplift them. That was a powerful experience. Little Julia's testimony and prayers are just so powerful. I love them so much!

On Saturday, we got transfer calls. I'm going to Mount Olive, North Carolina! I am so excited to serve there. It's going to be a bit more rural than I am used to, but it will be an awesome experience! This time next week, I'll be there! I'm excited to work hard and help out! =)

I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers. I know that Jesus Christ guides His church. I am so excited to invite anyone and everyone who will listen to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ and be blessed with joy. I invite anyone and everyone to hear it, to try it, and see if it doesn't give them happiness. Because it does. =) And I want everyone to have that.

I love you all!
- Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment