Friday, August 7, 2015

April 27, 2015- Aloha!

This week we're talking a lot about miracles. Why? Because of Miracle May!

Like I've mentioned previously, we have received a promise from Heavenly Father through our mission president, that as we all work as hard as we possibly can that each companionship in the mission (92) will have a baptism in May. That is a promise.

Wow!

As a mission, we are all fasting this Sunday with a prayer that this miracle will come to pass. I know it can!

This week we had the blessed opportunity to contact a few referrals and also go street contacting at the North Carolina Pickle Festival! Every year, since this is pickle plant country, the town of Mount Olive throws a big to-do on Center Street. Complete with festival rides, fair food, and even camels! And of course, lots and lots of pickle paraphernalia.

It was so fun getting to walk around and talk to lots and lots of people. We met this gal named Traci who is just so sweet. She seemed familiar to both Sister Jacobsen and I, but we have never met her before. She was walking back and forth in front of us in between her booth and her work so we decided that Heavenly Father had definitely put her in our path. So we talked with her. She is just so sweet and I am excited to share the gospel with her!

We also met this really happy woman named Brandi who was selling homemade shea butter lotion. She called us over to her to try it out and we shared the gospel with her. =D She says she's been looking for a church. She lives in Goldsboro. I'm really excited for her too! Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways - she wanted to sell us lotion, and could very likely end up finding the truth of life! =D

We are seeing a lot of miracles here in Mount Olive. Our investigators are finally calling us back and making appointments. We're meeting with Ellen this Saturday, and with Erich in the coming weeks. We know that the message we have to share will bless and change their lives forever, and we are excited to share it. 

I love all of you! Thank you for the many prayers on the behalf of myself, my companion, and my investigators. I know that prayers are real, miracles are real, and that God hears and answers prayers. I know that the power of faith is real, and that because of faith miracles are brought to pass.

I have faith that we will see a miracle this May and will have a baptism.

I love you all!

Have a blessed week!
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment