Friday, August 7, 2015

August 3, 2015

Hey everybody!
We got to meet with Alma this week, so that was super great. We haven't been able to see her for a few weeks because she has been so busy with other things. She had read a little bit of the Book of Mormon, but then stopped.
We went over with Sister Applewhite and read from the Book of Mormon with her. We were really bold, and Sister Applewhite commented,"either this is true, or it is not." Sister Applewhite is a convert and had to go through this same experience. I know that as Alma reads and prays that she can come to know that this is true for herself.

We also got to see Nicole and her family! We dropped in on Friday because we hadn't heard from her in almost a week! She and the kids were so happy to see us. =) We read with them as well because they hadn't been able to read from the Book of Mormon. They had lots of things going on in their family this past week. They really enjoyed reading, all of them even down to the five year old followed along and sat still. It was neat! We committed them to come to church.
They didn't come. =( We're going to meet with them tonight, and we can find out what is keeping them from coming!

We had transfer calls this week, and both Sister Allred and I were nervous about what the news might be. Saturday morning I was praying for peace and in my studies I came across this scripture.
2 Corinthians 13:11
Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

It made me think about that heaven will be a peaceful place, that Heavenly Father is the God of love and peace, and that He wants us all to feel that heavenly peace.
After I had studied that, I felt significantly calmer! So when we got the call at 11am, I was a little more prepared. I am staying here in Kinston, and Sister Allred is going to Wilson, NC.

Phew! It's going to be hard taking over Kinston! But I sure am blessed, because the sister who is coming here has served here before. Her name is Sister Rawlings, and she has only been gone from Kinston for 5 months. Cool, huh? I've never met her, but the members are excited to have her back. =)

I love you all! I truly know that this gospel is true because as I live it, I feel peace.
Love,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment